shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, February 17, 2003

The fact that it occurred while I was sleeping isn't the only dreamlike thing about it. Beating South Africa on home turf, in a make or break World Cup match, by *nine wickets*. Ohhhhhhhhh, that's great. I'm what I call a 'cricket goth' most of the time: expecting the worst and not even hoping for the best. But there's the thing about New Zealand cricket: we'll suck, and suck, and suck, and our openers will be crap, and our middle order will collapse embarrassingly, and then occasionally something completely wondrous will happen and we'll be brilliant for a brief eight-hour period. It's what keeps me watching.

Yay, protestors. Sort of. I mean, yay that they exist, but as Alex says, do they have to be so simplistic and annoying? Bush: not Hitler. No one is Hitler *but* Hitler. Bush = retarded corrupt dickhead. But Hitler, notsomuch. (We historians tend to get our knickers in a twist about these things.) Perhaps the signs should have read: War to Distract People Is Wrong. I could get behind that a little more wholeheartedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home