shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, January 13, 2003

Some people are listing NERD, In Search Of... on their best of 2002 lists. I'm *sure* I've downloaded some of that album. Did I not listen to it? Why not? The Neptunes rule! 'I'm a hustler baby...'

Here is something yummy: a site where I can read blow-by-blow summaries of Gilmore Girls, which I am missing terribly. Plus their summary of the first episode of Celebrity Real World (or whatever it's called) is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I had an online argument with someone today in which I was called 'shitty, elitist and condescending', which actually made me rather proud. How could I possibly have infuriated someone this much from 7000 miles away? Teehee. The argument was about whether or not art actually has objective aesthetic criteria and can therefore be judged as 'better' or 'worse' than other art. I said that in certain circumstances of course it could - a lot of the argument, if you can believe it, revolved around the relative merits of Herman's Hermits and the Beatles. Now, I don't care how postmodern and situational ethicist you are, if you start arguing that 'Mrs Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter' is better than 'She Loves You', then I'm going to tell you you're flat out wrong and one of those *is* better than the other. It just *is*. Of course, this same guy also thinks that Houston has a better touring scene than Austin. Uh, my *ass*, dude. Perhaps 'shitty, elitist and condescending' means having a coherently articulated position. Beats me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home