shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Miraculously, I have managed to whittle down my list of songs into a top 40 of the 90s: my favourite songs from that decade. The last few rejections were a total killer, and I was pretty surprised that some of my long-term artistic favourites didn't make the cut at all - Beck, for example, was pipped at the post, and one of my favourite albums ever, The Sundays' Reading, Writing and Arithmetic, was nowhere to be seen. The rules of the game involved no double-ups on artists (this removed a Massive Attack song in a pretty soul-crushing maneuvre late in the day, due to Tricky's appearance elsewhere on the list), and the need for all the songs to have been singles (although I think a few of these don't quite follow that rule to the letter). Unlike Lawrence, I am physically incapable of ranking these songs, so they're going to have to be 'in no particular order'.

If I can find some nice website to host my files, I may actually get all mp3-blog on your asses. Watch this space for the list to appear, slowly but surely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home