shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Today, a man came into the library and asked me to find him 'the latest book' on quantum physics. I found him one, but it came out in 2002. He then asked me to go into the future - 2010, to be precise - to get him one. 'They exist, you know!' he said, completely seriously. 'We just have to go and get them!'

I am afraid I failed to provide 'excellent customer service' in this particular instance, as I was unable to travel to another dimension. I feel like such a failure.

1 Comments:

At 2:27 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Bit of a catch-22, that. If you'd read the quantum physics book written a few years from now, you would have learned how to time travel. Not just b/c the book would explain it to you, but b/c you would by definition have learned how to do it by virtue of the fact you were reading a book yet to be published. All of which to say is that it is illogical for him to ask you to get a book from 2010 for him.

I thought I should point that out, as it sounds from your post that you're a little upset and down on yourself. Don't fret -- I'm here to tell you: it's not your fault! Even the world's foremost librarians would not have been able to fulfill his request...because the laws of physics and logic actually make it impossible, irrespective of your experience or your dedication to quality customer service. Try to keep that in mind next time...and keep that chin up!

Regards,

Alex, Ph.D Physics, Ph.D Psychology

 

Post a Comment

<< Home