shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Righto, back to inane bullshit. You know, I thought I was well over the 'bizarre juxtaposition surprise syndrome' that the onset of the lengthy computer/mp3 player random music playlist has given us. I'll listen to the wildest fluctuations in musical style over the course of a day without batting an eye. But I think I just outdid myself: The Minutemen's 'Themselves' followed by Dolly Parton's 'Heartbreaker'. Even I couldn't avoid noting how weird that was.

Oh, and while I'm here, the most ridiculously coincidental Creative Zen moment of the last month was The Beatles' 'Rain', followed by Missy Elliott's 'The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)', (then something else we'll ignore for the purposes of this anecdote), and Ann Peebles' 'Can't Stand the Rain'. Wacky.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of great songs that include rain. I'll Do My Crying in the Rain by The Everly Brothers.
I Wish That It Would Rain by The Temptations is one of the saddest songs I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home