shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, March 04, 2002

Here are two things which prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am an old, old woman at the age of 27.

The first is that I have a knee which feels painful and dodgy in bad weather. How? How could this happen? I'm meant to be in the prime of my life and I creak and ache! I am Henry the Eighth on his fifth wife! (Did he have arthritis, or was it gout? Or are we blaming syphilis? Yikes.)

The second is that I have to confess my number one television obsessions. They are more important to me than The Fifth Wheel, Talk Soup, Antiques Roadshow, The Real World, The Daily Show, Shipmates, The Sopranos, *and* Sex and the City.

Changing Rooms and Ground Force. I *love* them. On Saturdays and Sundays BBCAmerica shows two hours of them; on weekdays it's only an hour. I have been known to watch the same episode more than once. Brent says when he hears brass band music he now associates it entirely with me grinning inanely in front of the telly. I ask you: how have I managed to turn into a person who loves DIY shows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home