shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Wednesday, February 20, 2002

I have been distracted by an enormous political argument in an obscure corner of the internet, in which Brent and I fought bravely but with futility and were eventually forced to withdraw, ostensibly for being 'rude' (although calling someone's argument 'incredibly stupid' and proving why does not constitute rudeness, in my opinion, even if they *are* a message board administrator). The entire thing has been deeply depressing. Why do I respond? Why? Why? I clearly need my head seen to. Yet I am watching CNN out of the corner of my eye, and there is actually a goddamn *Gallup Poll* on whether the American public think that yes, North Korea is in fact 'evil'. WTF????

I am so frustrated with all these retarded idiots. Who could *possibly* think that the 'axis of evil' speech was a good idea? Or that acting unilaterally without listening to your allies is regrettable but 'necessary', because the 'Euros' never 'do anything'? Or that the United States is merely a 'beacon of freedom and democracy' which has never acted in a hypocritical or aggressively interventionist fashion? Or that the United States is 'saving the world'? (I swear, someone has seriously said all these things to me in the past few days.)

I *must* get out of here. I feel like I'm drowning in idiocy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home