shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, March 13, 2006

It occurred to me the other day that over the last few years I have learned quite a lot of new things, without all that pesky PhDism hanging over my head. I have learned to knit. (Sort of. In fact, with autumn starting I should really finish the pending projects.) I have learned Maori (again, sort of. Rudimentarily. Enough so that Korero Mai on Maori TV is a not totally incomprehensible experience). I have taken two classes on editing, proofreading, InDesign, and general book layouty things like kerning and the appropriateness of serifed fonts. (Woo!) I have refined some of my cooking techniques to include Mexican foods (necessity, the mother of invention). And here's my latest project:

The ukulele!

I bought it for sixteen dollars on Trade Me. I am totally in love with my ukulele! And thanks to the wonderment of teh internets, I am able to learn chords for the most incongruous of songs!

3 Comments:

At 11:24 am, Blogger Alex said...

We demand MP3s!! You must share this antipodean Formbydom with us Murkans!

 
At 4:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations D ... you have taken up the instrument of the gods. Don't tolerate any Tiny Tim jokes.

Email me, and I just might set you up with tablature for "Ram On."

 
At 8:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Radiohead on the ukulele? That is just wack. Now Avril Lavigne... that would improve, methinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home