shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Last night we saw the new Supergrass video for 'Low C'. It is set in the Weeki Wachee Springs mermaid park in Florida and is so hugely adorable that I thought I would burst with glee. I once saw a documentary about older American roadside attractions that lost a lot of their business when the interstate highways were built, and Weeki Wachee featured prominently. It's been one of my 'I wish I could see that someday' destinations for some time.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to weeky watchee a couple of years ago. I was playing in a golf tournament in nearby brooksville, but was rained out. With little to do, we went to weeki watchee and it was truly one fo the cheesiest places id ever seen. The mormaids, once glorious, are now middle aged, heavy smoking tempress'. Back in the day, they would suck a little air from a hiddne supply and swim around for 3 or 4 minutes. Now they are sucking on those tubes every 30 seconds or so, and quite frankly, the effect is not the same...still, im glad i went beofre they shut down the place forever...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home