shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Friday, May 21, 2004

This crisp fine autumn morning, the best song in the world - and most of New Zealand seems to agree with me, given the number of times per day this is playing on our music video channels - is 'Through the Wire' by Kanye West. FUCK yeah. A few weeks ago I even downloaded Chaka Khan's 'Through the Fire' because I love this song so much. (I'd forgotten how bad and cheesy the production is on Chaka's song. Kanye was right to speed it up and boil it down to that terrific melody-line sung by the Chaka-chipmunk.) When you research dude on AllMusic, he's produced, well, practically every US hiphop song I've loved for the last few years, including the perennially-loved-by-me h-to-the-izzo. That's the anthem, get your damn hands up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home