shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Tuesday, June 04, 2002

In New Zealand, the first thing you notice is how clear the air is. Everything looks about 30% crisper than it does anywhere else. When you breathe it seems cool and refreshing, even in the city. I mentioned this to a very nice fellow Kiwi on the plane who gave me her window seat for the plane landing, and she unromantically replied 'oh, it's probably the lack of ozone from that big hole over Antarctica'. Snickering at that thankfully stopped me from crying like a child at the sight of Waiheke Island and Papatoetoe. It's so green, though. It's the greenest, clearest place. Even mud seems... healthy, somehow.

Still adjusting to being far away from anything momentous on the world stage. Funny to feel 'safe' again. Also feel like a percentage of me is missing without Brent here. Every time I'm away from him for longer than a day I swear I'll never do it again. It sucks. I miss Shamaloo, too.Worried about finding jobs. So glad to see my mum and Grandad and everyone, though. Nervous but I think this will turn out well for us. I hope.

Very philosophical today. Back to wackiness later, promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home