shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Saturday, April 06, 2002

I want to talk about Gilmore Girls for a second. I am very defensive about this show because I know that it's a glorious, soft-focus fantasy world which could never exist... yet I want it to so desperately! Everyone is funny and eccentric and the diner has gorgeous forties tables in it and everyone has ridiculously great taste in music, and the mother/daughter relationship is so lovingly drawn and all the fights ring true... it's insane. Last night I saw a show from the first season I'd never seen before, in which Rory takes Dean to a Chilton dance, and they played *XTC* and *Mazzy Star*. Then - I thought I would melt into a big puddle of love for these people right then and there - Big Star's 'Thirteen'. Just to hear 'Thirteen' broadcast on national TV... it almost hurts.

It would never happen IRL, of course. But we can dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home