shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Thursday, January 24, 2002

Brent and I had two minor musical arguments tonight, inspired by Spin's lame-arsed list of the greatest 50 bands of all time (notable: Korn makes the list while the Pixies don't. Jesus). Argument 1) Who's better/will be more influential in the long run, Massive Attack or the Chems (I incline towards the former, he the latter)? and Argument 2) Did the Jesus and Mary Chain influence Sonic Youth? (I maintained that since SY formed before tJandMC, his argument had no merit; he insisted that SY changed their sound significantly in the late eighties to incorporate other influences, so my chronology was irrelevant. Then he got annoyed about Sonic Youth generally and called them 'massively overrated', pretentious arthousers who released too much pointless noodling. There was also some scorn over Thurston namedropping Tom Ze et al in interviews, as I recall. But I'm *still* not sure what I think about Sonic Youth and it's been over 10 years since I started listening to them. So the discussion ended with no definite conclusions. Hrm.)

All of this proves that we are incapable of being without each other because no one else could stand to think about this stuff for longer than two seconds. ;)

Another thing that bemused and frustrated me about the Golden Globes (part 84 in an indefinite series): what is *up* with Sarah Jessica Parker's boobs? Is she *aiming* for flattened and saggy? I desperately want to get her to an old-fashioned corsetier, stat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home