shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, December 01, 2003

I can't believe I cried at the end of Shallow Hal. I can't believe I cried at the end of Shallow Hal. No, seriously, I can't believe I cried at the end of Shallow Hal. What the fuck is wrong with me? (But see, all faults aside, it was so *sweet*. The fat girl got to be happy. Fat girls *never* get to be happy in movies. Not without a makeover or something. But she really did. She was a real person, who was really funny, and nice, and she didn't have stomach-stapling surgery, and she fell in love with someone and they loved her back, and they lived happily ever after in the Peace Corps. Yay. Rosemary can join Sookie, the gorgeous and adorable chef character in Gilmore Girls, on the Very Short List of Big Girls Who Get To Be Happy in Popular Culture.)

I think Brent and I, as The Squatleys, have a vested interest in the porky folks being happy on the screen. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home