shake that cola drag

The office-block persecution affinity.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Oh yeah. Would the three of you who read this blog regularly please vote in the comments section on whether or not I should give up on finishing my PhD? Please take these issues into account:

1) I currently have a pretty good job which doesn't drive me nuts and has excellent working conditions. I will probably never be laid off and I could do all kinds of cool things like take six months off at 80% pay if I wanted to.
2) Soon I will have a mortgage.
3) In two weeks exactly, I will be 29. Am I too old for this shit?
4) I have not one single original historical idea.
5) I have tried to get a historical job *twice*, been flown down to Wellington *twice*, and have failed to get said job *twice*. Are the fates trying to tell me something?
6) I am a lazy-arse and I hate footnoting.
7) I could always do it later.

On the other hand, if I drop out:

1) I've wasted the best part of five years learning a lot of crap. All for nowt?
2) It would rule to be Dr. Moreau.
3) Um. Someone, think of something!

As you can see, I am leaning towards the dropout. I need some thoughts. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home